We want to welcome you to our blog. We hope you find it to be entertaining, smile enforcing, and even inspiring at times. These are our moments.



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trust Me



Does trust have to be earned? I think for most adults, myself included, we have a hard time giving the gift of trust to others. As I study this picture (and I often do) I see many things. I see a woman I love with all my heart who puts her full trust in me daily, not because she has to, but because she wants to. She trusts me with her life and her heart and I do the same for her. I think we’ve earned that trust from each other. I believe some was given in hopes that it would never be broken. I also see a smile that says it all about her view of life. If you know her, you know you don’t have to be around her long to see that kind of smile. It’s regular and infectious. There is pure joy in those eyes as she looks down on our daughter.

What about Lorelei? What is she thinking? I love the look she is giving her momma. That is a look of pure trust. I’ve gone back to this picture over and over again and I can’t get enough of the look that is on Lorelei’s face. The slight smirk says it all. It says “mom, I trust you with my life and whatever comes along, I know you’re here for me.” Lorelei doesn’t require her trust to be earned. She gives it freely. As young as she is, she knows the love her momma has for her runs deep. There is reassurance of this love in those eyes. Lorelei trusts with all her heart. It’s a pure, non-wavering trust and she has a faith that is already strong. She may not know who God is yet, but she has faith, hope, love, and trust. She has a faith in her mom that she will be taken care of and her needs will be met, a hope in the future, an instant bond that forms so quickly between her and her parents, and a trust that all is well in her world and her parents will help get her to the next step in life. She’s already made us so proud. Just look at her mom’s face. Can anyone look more proud of another person?

It has been wonderful watching our little girl develop so much in the first year of her life. We are her world right now. She trusts both of us so much and I want to hang on to that as long as I can. I know as she grows and matures, she’ll gain more knowledge of the world around her and mom and dad won’t be super heroes forever. For now though, we are as cool to her as Mickey and Minnie.

1 comment:

  1. Gracious Adam! So super sweet. Now to go wipe my eyes and blow my nose. *Honk*

    ReplyDelete