We want to welcome you to our blog. We hope you find it to be entertaining, smile enforcing, and even inspiring at times. These are our moments.



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2010...what a blessing!

This Mother's Day was absolutely the best Mother's Day a girl could ask for despite the fact that I managed to ruin all of the sweet and wonderful surprises my husband had for me.

What a family I have. I am so very blessed. I cannot even begin to comprehend how much the Good Lord loves me. Mother's Day was just one of those days that reminds me and puts into perspective how wonderful my life is.

Friday afternoon before Mother's Day, I came home and accidentally saw the Mother's Day card my sweet husband and daughter had for me. It was out because Adam had put Lorelei's hand print inside and he was waiting on it to dry! HOW SWEET! To make it even more wonderful, he allowed Lorelei to put her own little mark on it (chewing on the crease). It will definitely be a card I will save and cherish.

Saturday morning before Mother's Day, I wake up and hear Adam's phone "Droiding." Without thinking much about it, I look at it to see if he is getting texted or an email or something, no I see it is his alarm reminding him to "Call Baskin Robins." Oh no, I have ruined another surprise! At the same time, YES he is ordering me a Baskin Robins ice cream cake--in my opinion the BEST ice cream cake in the world. I am so very excited.

So, although I have ruined Adam's sweet surprises, I am already so excited for Mother's Day.

Mother's Day morning:

We wake up to the sweet sounds of Lorelei playing in her crib. Without rushing, we get up, get ready, and head out to J. Christofers--AWESOME BREAKFAST! We go grab the ice cream cake and go to church. Church was awesome this morning--I just couldn't get past how blessed I am and I cannot thank Jesus enough for the little Angel He gave me in Lorelei. She has changed how I view life and I have never been happier. To have the love of a sweet child, to know that my Maker is entrusting me to pour His love into her life, to have a husband who loves me and is my best friend, I cannot describe how blessed I feel.

To finish the afternoon, we stopped by Longhorns to wish my Nana Happy Mother's Day, spent the afternoon at the pool (too cold to get in but enjoying the sunshine), landing a flip on the old trampoline, and going home to curl up on the couch with the two people who mean the world to me.

Mother's Day was absolutely perfect.

Thank you to my family for your love, thank you God for my family. Let my life be to glorify You.

With all my love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment